Our options with safety at the forefront included either keeping all staff and students inside all day and not viewing the eclipse or not having school and allowing families the option make their own plans. We chose the last and cancelled school.
This was a difficult decision and I am very frustrated about it. However, I feel it is the best thing to do at this point. We are not the only school dealing with this. The glass half full perspective is that we found out before, not after. We will make the day of school up so nothing is really lost there. I apologize for the late notice and inconvenience. If you have questions, please let me know.