- Academic Successes – We had a student score a perfect 36 on the ACT! Many others scored in the 30’s and upper 20’s. We earned a lot of college credit it dual credit courses. Our middle school was visited by several other districts interested in replicating its Leader in Me success. In May, we graduated a fine group of young adults prepared to contribute as citizens.
- Athletic and Activities Successes – We won a State Football Championship. We also notched some district titles & several all-state honors. We qualified for state and national competitions in Speech & Debate, FBLA, HOSA, FFA, and others. We earned many I ratings for our musical efforts at contest.
- Programming Successes – We took steps to expand our alternative services and early childhood education program. Both will make huge differences in the lives of some students.
- Capital Improvement Successes – We finished construction of the FEMA shelter/secondary gymnasium. We installed a new phone system and new security camera system. We made the switch to Google as our technology platform.
- Staff Successes – We had many earn advance degrees and professional development hours, showing a commitment to life-long learning and instructional improvement.
2017 was a great year in Spoofhound Nation. During it we celebrated too many things to list. However, here is a short list of a few highlights: